Lead User Experience Designer
Turnkey is seeking a Lead User Experience Designer with a passion for creating intuitive and enjoyable front-end experiences to help take the TurnQuest product experience to the next level. We’re looking for a designer who will take ownership of the TurnQuest UX design, looking beyond its current design and executing on a vision for what it could become.
As a Lead UX Designer your primary role will be to conceptualize, design and deliver applications and services that will help our clients manage their business. You will be responsible for the enhancements that go into the products our customers use to help create quotations, underwrite policies, and manage claims, process reinsurance and their other business.
Human-centered: You intuitively put the needs and experiences of real people at the center of all your design decisions. You have a grasp of human centered design philosophy and have no qualms seeking inspiration from the world around you.
Interface designer, not graphic designer: You can take a simple sketch or wireframe and transform into compelling visual design compositions or mockups
Communication skills: You are able to effectively communicate your ideas, both in writing and verbally and have strong presentation and persuasion skills to demonstrate what your designs decisions are meant to communicate.
Collaboration: You have the ability to inspire and motivate others, nurturing a collaborative culture not only with users, but also colleagues and clients. You are good at gathering information and soliciting feedback that forms the basis of your design solutions.
Systems Thinker: You are able to analyze the interactions between different components of a system to see larger patterns that determine your design decisions that can be applied across all channels: Web, mobile, print, video and even animation.
- You have an exceptional portfolio featuring examples of product and/or service design work with a link to your personal website or web portfolio.
- At least 3 years of experience in a related position, proven experience designing for the mobile and web experiences.
- The ability to think about high-level product vision, you understand constraints and you contribute to a fantastic design experience.
- Proficiency in designing cross platform experiences – mobile, web, tablet etc.
- Expertise in Adobe CS and prototyping tools.
- Storyboarding skills, the ability to tell the story of a design from end to end.
- A healthy sense of humor
When applying, you must include a resume and a portfolio as a PDF or link to an online portfolio.
We are a transparent, flat organization that invites you to pull up a seat to the table! Bring your ideas, your passion, and your voice to a Pan-African company that loves to collaborate on all levels.
How to Apply
All applications are to be sent to email@example.com by the 1/20/2017, indicate on the subject the relevant application position i.e. Lead User Experience Designer